We are pleased to announce the launch of the RA-FA Youth Council Inspired Fund for the 2013-14 season!
The Inspired Fund has the aim of identifying inspirational individuals who can use a refereeing qualification to promote refereeing, football and the positive values of sport in their local, under-represented communities. We aim to support inspirational people wishing to become qualified referees. Once qualified, to then become a role model and promote refereeing within their community to under-represented groups (e.g. BAME Community, Female Officials, Low-Socio Economic etc) and inspire others to take it up. In return for their willingness to promote refereeing we will cover the cost of the Basic Referees Course. The bursary is for a maximum of £150 which will contribute towards the payment of the Basic Referee’s Course.
The applicant must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be aged 14 – 25
- Have a reference of support
- Lives within or has strong involvement with an underrepresented community within refereeing this may include but is not limited to; gender, ethnicity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or low socio-economic groups
- The desire to become a qualified referee through attending a Basic Referees Course and completion of the six games needed to qualify
- Attend at least one referee meeting, this may include a county RA-FA meeting, referee evening or Local Referees Association meeting
- Attend at a local community event to promote refereeing
- To recruit and refer at least one friend to attend a Basic Referee’s Course
- To be an ambassador for the RA-FA Youth Council
Once the candidate believes they can fulfil the requirements they must send their completed application forms (see below) to RA-FAYouthCouncil@thefa.com by 4th January 2014, who will notify successful applicants following the closing date.
If you have any queries relating to the Inspired Fund, please do not hesitate to contact Amy Robinson on the above address.
For more information on the work of the RA-FA Youth Council, visit:
- Facebook, at https://www.facebook.com/RAFAYouthCouncil
- Twitter, at https://twitter.com/RAFAYthCouncil