Why should I become a member of Aldershot RA?
Well – this is a very good question…
Firstly – if you don’t know what Aldershot RA is, or what our purpose is, have a look at our ‘About Us‘ page. To summarise it in a nutshell – we are dedicated to the development, education and support of referees in the Aldershot area.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a member of Aldershot RA:
- Invitations to meet Guest Speakers – Previous speakers have included Jon Moss, Kevin Friend and Anthony Taylor (Premier League referees), Jeff Pettitt (ex-
Premier League Assistant Referee), Lee Cable (former Football League Referee and current Football League Assessor and Referee Coach), Lucy May (Assistant Referee to the 2011 Women’s Cup Final and Female Referee Ambassador to the FA), Sam Ogles (young Hampshire Level 3 referee) and Liam Slack (PGMOL Sports & Performance Analyst).
- Free attendance at the National RA Conference – your opportunity to meet the country’s leading match officials, such as Michael Oliver and Mark Clattenberg, who lead workshops and make presentations on their experiences.
- The opportunity to apply to join the Aldershot RA Academy, a referee academy for aspiring young officials to achieve their potential with dedicated coaching and the chance to referee at the English International SuperCup.
- Development Nights – watching other referees at local matches for free. Sometimes the best way to learn is by watching someone else!
- Practical development sessions – we feel the best way to improve your refereeing is by going out onto a field of play and developing your skills there, rather than by being sat in a classroom being lectured at.
- Two in-service development sessions every season, targeting specific areas of match performance
- Personal Insurance – covers you to, during, and from a match, including your refereeing equipment (up to £200)
- Access to kit & publications – we have an extensive range of kit for sale at every meeting, saving you P&P compared to online orders.
So how much does it cost?
If you are a new member, we don’t expect you to pay before you come along and experience us in action, so you can see exactly what we can offer you. Our membership fees have been frozen since 2012 and are:
BRAND NEW RA Members: discounted first season of only £5
Full Members: £22
Youth Members (under 18 as of 30 September): £13
Associate Members (already a member of another RA): £5
To discuss joining, contact Richard (Secretary) and see the membership form below!
ARA Membership Form
(Right Mouse click and click ‘Save Target As’ to Download)